Researching masturbation in Germany has led to the creepy conclusion that about 100 people die every year in kinky scenarios gone wrong.
For example, one man, fully dressed in a raincoat, pantyhose and full diving suit, was found dead in Hamburg, after sitting next to a heater for too long, trying to melt cheese slices on his body. Another example is a man who was found dead after being electrocuted by Christmas lights being clamped to his nipples. Apparently he was trying to stimulate himself by using electric current.
In the opinion of forensic examiner Harald VoB, the most common cause of erotic death is asphixiation. An interesting fact is that most victims are men and that women are more cautious and keep it more simple when it comes to masturbation. Also, these numbers are allegedly higher, since most families are ashamed to report/admit the cause of death.
So do your best to keep it kinky but also safe.
Original source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk